Sony Vegas is one of the best video editing software programs on the market. But it does have its shortcomings, including a lack of options for adding effects to videos. One effect that Sony Vegas doesn’t offer-but many people are interested in-is a shake effect. Luckily, there are plenty of free ways to add this type of effect to your video using other tools and programs designed specifically for this purpose! Here’s how you can do it with just a few minutes work:
1) Open up Sony Vegas and import or record your footage into the timeline.
2) Create a blank layer above your footage by clicking “add new” at the bottom right hand corner.
3) Double click on the top left square where it says “video” and select “mono mix”.
4) Click on the middle of your footage where it says “a1” at the top.
5) Now, go to moves in Adobe After Effects to replicate a shake effect. There are a variety of preset options available for download to replicate common shakes associated with cell phones, cameras or other handheld devices.
6) Save your project and drag it into the timeline above your footage.
7) Adjust the opacity of the shake effect to match up with your existing footage.
8) Render the video, save it and upload to share!
Adding a shake effect to your videos can be a fun way to add some pizzazz and excitement. While Sony Vegas doesn’t offer this built-in, there are free ways to add the effect using other software programs. After Effects is one option that has a variety of presets available for replicating common shakes associated with handheld devices. With just a few minutes work, you can have an exciting new video ready to share with the world!