I’m going to start this review by saying that I absolutely love the Llama Unleashed card game. It’s a lot of fun to play and is perfect for parties or gatherings with friends. The objective of the game is to be the first player to get rid of all of your cards, and it can be played by 2-8 players.
To start, each player is dealt 5 cards, and the rest of the cards are placed in the middle of the players face down. The player who starts the game then flips over one of the cards from the middle, and whoever has that card must put it into their hand. Play then proceeds clockwise, with each player either playing a card or flipping over another card from the middle.
If a player plays a card, they can play it on any other player. The cards are as follows:
1) Llama – This card forces the next player to draw 2 cards. If that player already has at least 3 cards in their hand, they must show them to the rest of the players before adding them to their hand.
2) Beer – This card forces the next player to guess the number of cards currently in their opponent’s hands. If they’re correct, all players drink one time. Otherwise, that player drinks twice.
3) Waterfall- This card forces all players with less than 4 cards to play until they have at least 4 cards.
4) Party Llama –his card reverses the direction of play, and can also be used to block a Waterfall. If no one is able to reverse the direction of play (for example if everyone has 4 or more cards), then that player drinks 5 times.
5) Taco – After playing this card, the next player must immediately play a card from their hand. If they have no cards in their hand, they must drink three times.
6) Beer Llama – This card forces all players to take a sip of their drinks after playing it. This includes you, if you’re drinking water or juice instead of beer!
7) Party – This card forces all players to stand and sing the Llama song (which you can find here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuYQ6uFyGnw ), and can also be used to block a Waterfall or Party Llama
8) Wild Card – This card can be played in place of any other card.
9) Dog – If a player plays this card, they must draw 3 cards from the middle.
10) Mama Llama – This card sends all players back to zero drinks. It can also be used to block a Waterfall or Party Llama.
11) A Naughty Llama – This card forces the next player to make a rule for everyone to follow (ex: players must drink every time they play a Llama). Stringing together more and more rules can result in very entertaining situations, but it also gives your opponents ways to get back at you.
12) Party Pooper – Players who attempt to play a Party or Wildcard after this card is played must take a penalty drink.
13) Llama Fart – This card forces all players to say “Llama Fart” whenever they play a Llama, Party Llama, Dog, Mama Llama or Naughty Llamas for the next round. It can also be used to block a Waterfall or Party Llama.
14) A Dirty Llama – Players who attempt to play a Wildcard after this card is played must take 5 drinks.
15) Baby Llama – If you’re the next player in the direction of play, force everyone but the last player to take 2 drinks. Otherwise, if you’re the last player in the direction of play, force everyone but the first player to take 2 drinks.
16) Party Pooper – Same as #11
17) Furball – If you are playing against only one opponent at a table, they drink 5 times. Otherwise everyone must drink 3 times. You can use this card to block a Waterfall or Party Llama.
18) Party Llama – Same as #6, but the player who plays this card must drink 3 times. This can be used to block a Waterfall or Party Pooper.
When a Dirty Llama is played, players do not say “Furball” as they play a Llama.
The full rules for this game can be found on the website listed above, or simply by watching any of the videos made by that website. We have some limitations from licensing with TeamLava that prevent us from reprinting those rules here, but I’d definitely recommend checking them out.