What is Dropshipping?
Dropshipping is a business model in which ecommerce entrepreneurs sell products without having to carry any inventory. When a store owner receives an order from a customer, they simply contact the supplier, who then ships the product directly to the customer. As a result, store owners don’t have to worry about shipping products themselves, and they can pass those savings on to their customers.
What is Google Trends?
Google Trends is a public web facility of Google Inc., that shows how often a particular search-term is entered relative to the total number of searches done on Google over time. It covers a wide array of topics and can be searched by location.
Why Use Google Trends for Dropshipping?
Google Trends is an incredibly helpful tool for dropshipping entrepreneurs for a few reasons:
- It can help you find popular products to sell.
- It can show you how search volume has changed over time.
- It can help you find related keywords to use in your product descriptions.
- It can give you ideas for new products to sell.
- Keyword research is a tedious process, but Google Trends takes care of that for you!
- You’ll be able to stay ahead of the competition by keeping track of trends.
How to Use Google Trends for Dropshipping?
Now that you know what Google Trends is and why it’s helpful for dropshipping, let’s walk through how to actually use it. Here are a few tips:
- Use the “Hot Searches” tab to find popular products to sell.
- Use the “Trends Over Time” tab to track trends and figure out when you should buy inventory.
- Use your product description keywords in Google Trends, so you can build a store around them!
- See what’s popular in a specific area by using the “Location” tab.
- Use the “Product Category” tabs on the right side of the page to find related keywords.
- Use the “Queries” tab to see how people are searching for your product, and use those terms in your descriptions!
- Make sure to check out the “Related Topics” and “Related Queries” tabs for even more ideas.
Google Trends is a valuable research tool for dropshipping entrepreneurs. It can help you find popular products to sell, track trends, and come up with new product ideas. Use it to your advantage and you’ll be sure to stay ahead of the competition.
If you found this post helpful, please give it a share.
Was this article helpful?
Let me know in the comments! Follow on Twitter or Facebook for updates! If you have any new questions or thoughts then let me know about those as well and I’ll be sure to answer in a future blog post. Thanks for reading!