Christmas: If you’re looking for the best things to do in London during Christmas, you’ve come to the right place. From festive shopping to festive food and everything in between, we’ve got you covered. So whether you’re a Christmas celebrant or just looking to have a good time, check out our recommendations and make this holiday season your best yet.
Christmas in London
For those of you who are heading to London for Christmas, here are five of the best things to do in the city.
1. Take a walk around Trafalgar Square – This is a great spot to take in all of the festive decorations and enjoy some festive music. There’s also a huge tree in the square, which is sure to put a smile on your face.
2. Have breakfast at The Ritz – If luxury is what you’re after then The Ritz should definitely be on your list of places to eat during Christmas in London. The hotel has set up a special Christmas menu that includes items like ham and swiss omelette with caviar, as well as warm apple cake with caramel sauce.
3. Visit Selfridges – This iconic department store is always full of festive cheer, so don’t miss out if you want to take part in some seasonal shopping. They’ve got everything from Christmas puddings to Christmas lights decorations, so there really is something for everyone.
4. Catch a performance by Nat King Cole at the London Palladium – This show is sure to get everyone in the holiday spirit and it only costs £32 per person (or £176 for a family ticket).
5. Head down to Soho for some delicious Christmastime treats – From mulled wine and gingerbread houses to Christmas pudding tarts, there’s something for everyone when it comes to
The best places to eat in London during Christmas
There are so many wonderful things to do in London in December that it’s hard to choose just one! Whether you want to celebrate Christmas with family and friends or take a break from the hustle and bustle of the city, these are some of the best places to eat in London during this festive month. From posh restaurants serving traditional British dishes to themed cafes serving unique holiday treats, there is something for everyone. Here are six of our favourites:
1. The Wolseley – This charming restaurant is perfect for a special Christmas meal with loved ones. They serve traditional British cuisine such as roast beef and gammon, accompanied by a delicious selection of puddings. If you prefer to dine in privacy, their private dining rooms can be arranged.
2. The Dutch Baker – This delightful cafe is perfect for those who want something a little more unique than your average Christmas feast. They offer menu items such as gingerbread doughnuts with raspberry sauce, and cranberry-orange tartlets filled with pumpkin puree. Plus, they have an extensive range of hot drinks and desserts available for purchase, both at the cafe itself and online.
3. The Randolph – If you’re looking for somewhere special to celebrate Christmas night (or any night really!), check out The Randolph Restaurant. This award-winning establishment has been serving up divine food since 1894, so you can be sure that your taste buds will not be disappointed. Specialities
How to get around London during Christmas
If you’re looking to get around London during Christmas, there are a few things to keep in mind. Firstly, keep in mind that the congestion on the roads will be particularly bad during the holiday season, so plan your route accordingly. Secondly, make use of public transport if possible – especially during peak times when fares tend to be cheaper. Finally, don’t forget about London’s many attractions and events which are open throughout the festive season! Here are some of our favourites:
– London’s iconic Christmas market is one of the city’s most popular attractions, and it’s always a good idea to visit at least once during the season.
– The Queen’s Christmas Message can also be enjoyed at Buckingham Palace throughout December – tickets for this event can be quite expensive, but it’s definitely worth it to see one of Britain’s most famous landmarks decorated for Christmas.
– If you’re looking for something more traditional, why not visit a medieval church like Westminster Abbey or St Pauls’s Cathedral? Both places are open from 9 am until 5 pm every day from December 25th onwards.
What to do in London on Christmas Evening
Christmas in London is a time to enjoy the festive season with family and friends. Here are some of the best things to do in London during Christmas:
– visit a classic London attraction like Buckingham Palace or Trafalgar Square;
– attend a Christmas show at the London Palladium;
– have dinner at a favourite restaurant or pub;
– go shopping at popular Christmas markets like Camden Market or Oxford Street;
– make merry by ringing in the New Year with a festive party.
How to decorate your home for Christmas in London
If you’re looking for ideas on how to decorate your home for Christmas in London, here are a few of our favourites:
1. Start by picking out some festive decorating materials – we love using vintage ornaments, tinsel, holly, and colourful lights.
2. Next, prepare your space by cleaning up any clutter and putting away any excess decorations. Make sure to put up some festive pictures and ornaments on the wall if you have space.
3. If you’ve got a fireplace or chimney available, use it to display some beautiful Christmas logs or branches. Or add a garland of fresh flowers around the base.
4. Get creative with your decorations – try lighting some candles in milk glass holders and setting them around the room as part of a soft glow; or hang mistletoe from the ceiling and play festive music throughout the house!
What to do on Christmas Day in London
London is the perfect place to spend Christmas, and there are so many things to do in the city that everyone will find something they love. Here are some of our favourite ideas:
Visit a traditional English Christmas market – There are dozens of markets open during Christmas in London, and they’re all worth checking out. Some of our favourites include Borough Market, Covent Garden Market, and Camden Market.
Take a festive carriage ride – If you want to experience something truly unique and beautiful during your Christmas visit to London, take a carriage ride through the city. You’ll be able to see everything from charming neighbourhoods to scenic parks.
Visit a London hot spot for Christmas cheer – If you’re looking for something festive but not too extravagant, head over to one of London’s popular hot spots for holiday revelry. These venues tend to have events all month long leading up to Christmas Day, so there’s always something happening!
Participate in an outdoor choir performance – If you’re looking for an unforgettable experience while in London on Christmas day, consider participating in an outdoor choir performance at some point during your stay. Choirs ranging from renowned international institutions such as The Royal Albert Hall and St John’s Wood Church perform annually around the winter season in central London.
If you’re looking for a festive break in London, there are plenty of things to do during Christmas. From enjoying a Yuletide show at the theatre to shopping in Covent Garden, there’s something for everyone on this list. So whether you’re planning to spend the holidays with family or friends, make sure to check out these top picks for what’s happening in London this December.